Luis Suarez has revealed he did not want to leave Atletico Madrid this summer and had no conversation with Diego Simeone about his exit.
Atleti announced last week that the Uruguayan forward will leave the Wanda Metropolitano this summer and Suarez does not know where his next career move is.
“I would have liked to continue,” Suarez told El Larguero radio station.
“The director of communication told me that I was leaving the day before my dismissal. I said, ‘well, at least someone tells me something!’
“Did I talk to ‘Cholo [Simeone]? No. Did I talk to [Atleti sporting director Andrea] Berta? No.” Suarez insisted he was not informed about his departure until the day before his final game.
“I swear I don’t (know). Trust me, I’ve not decided where I’m gonna play next season. I’ve received are many options, many proposals… I am lucky to make the decision, I listen to everyone, but when the time comes we will make the decision.”
“Clubs from Argentina, Brazil and Mexico approached me but I want to play at a top competitive level again. I’m focused on European football.”
“I have my head in Europe. Spain? Obviously, I left a great legacy here, I’m very proud of the career I’ve had here. I have received some… proposals from here, but I am still analysing them. I want to see the project being able to compete at a high level.”
FOLLOW US ON TELEGRAM AND ENJOY WEEKEND GIVE AWAY>>> https://t.me/victorsprediction
Luis Suárez: “My farewell with Atlético was very emotional. The affection of the people, they valued what I did in these two years.” pic.twitter.com/Sf22Xh2r9q
— Barça Universal (@BarcaUniversal) May 23, 2022