This is great news! A Chancerygate Foundation Bursary will be offered at London South Bank University for the academic year 20222023. Foreign students can apply to the program both if they are new to the country as well as if they are already enrolled.
These scholarships are available to students identifying as African or Caribbean ancestry and who wish to enroll in particular surveying programs leading to accreditation from the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS). Inspire qualified students to achieve long-term success in real estate by overcoming obstacles.
A brief overview of London South Bank University
In 1892, London South Bank University was founded as Borough Polytechnic Institute. The LSBU is located in London’s Elephant and Castle district. By providing practical education and insight, LSBU hopes to make a positive impact on the lives of individuals, communities, businesses and society at large. According to Times Higher Education, London South Bank University ranks 801 in the world.
LSBU is also committed to providing the best possible opportunities and education to its students. As a result, students receive the credentials, knowledge, and skills they need to be successful in their careers. Our vision is to be known as a model organization that promotes excellent practice-led learning and develops qualified graduates able to tackle social and corporate challenges.
Factors to consider:
- You identify as being of African and Caribbean descent.
- A household income of under £25k per year is the norm for your household.
- The course is open to students under 26 years old.
- Your family is the first to graduate from college.
- As a disabled person or someone with a learning disability, you identify yourself as such.
- In the UK, you may have spent time in care, been placed in care, or be estranged from your relatives.
- The social services recognize your career as one of a young adult.
- As your main qualification, you have a BTEC.
- Your age on 1 September before starting your course must be at least 21, and you do not currently hold a bachelor’s degree.
A few of my favorite countries are:
Caribbean and African students are eligible to apply.
Perks of the application:
- Beneficiaries will receive £10,000. They will also have access to work experience opportunities in the industry.
- The bursary will be paid during every year of a multi-year degree course, except for students completing a placement year.
- A bursary recipient will receive $5,000 in two equal instalments.
- Students must progress to their next academic year to continue receiving the Bursary.
- LSBU Online Application System is mandatory for all applicants. Undergraduate students from abroad can apply through UCAS. After that, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subjects relevant to the course:
As an undergraduate degree, the university offers building surveying and quantity surveying.
The required documents are listed below
It is not possible to accept separate supporting documents by e-mail (we cannot accept separate supporting documents).
- Describe yourself in 250 words or less (per question)
- What you have accomplished to date and your strengths. Achievements can be both academic and personal.
- In the future, what would you like to do.
- What impact will the financial support have on your studies?
- Merit criteria and additional requirements must be met by applicants.
- Students must meet the university’s English language requirements.