La Trobe University – About Us
It is important to La Trobe University to value academic excellence. International students considering applying for full-fee paying undergraduate or postgraduate study will also be considered for scholarships for the duration of their intended studies at La Trobe University if they are high-achieving.
During the undergraduate program, there is a four-year program period. Master’s degree takes three years.
The following are the benefits of applying:
The recipient of a La Trobe University Scholarship will benefit from the following:
- Tuition fees for the duration of the program can be covered by the scholarship up to 25%.
- It is calculated based on WAM and overall eligibility for their course. A scholarship offer letter will include details about the scholarship.
The WAM is the average of the credits you have earned for the subjects you have taken. At any one point in time, it is calculated based on your actual marks in all subjects.
The selection criteria
If you wish to be considered for a La Trobe University Scholarship, you must meet the following requirements:
- Language requirement: English
- Nationality: Non-Australasian or non-New Zealander.
- A La Trobe student is not currently enrolled.
- Entry requirements include English language proficiency and academic qualifications.
- Study full-time and pay all fees.
- New international students applying to 2023/2024 intakes.
- Study undergraduate or postgraduate coursework at any La Trobe campus.
- You must meet the course prerequisites and obtain a weighted average mark (WAM) of at least 55 percent (Australian Equivalency).
Procedures for applying:
- Select a course that qualifies.
- You can complete and submit your application online.
- Scholarship applicants who meet the entry requirements for a particular course will have their course application assessed by the Scholarship Team, and they will be notified if they have been awarded a La Trobe Excellence Scholarship.
- For your scholarship to be secured, you must comply with all conditions in your offer (if any) and accept your offer as soon as possible.
You can reach us at: LTIRecruitment@latrobe.edu.au if you have any further questions.